Which VIP course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psi are more exspensive training tools etc .........i hold both psi and tdi certs and teach tdi ....

psi are more exspensive training tools etc .........i hold both psi and tdi certs and teach tdi ....
Is the course content the same?

Thanks for the replies.

It seems like the courses are both adequate and the real limiting factor may be course availability. I'll keep doing my research and see what classes are offered that I can work into my weird schedule.

Have a good day.

yes they both cover all the bases .....

I took the psi course a couple weeks ago and it was worth it. It is absolutely going to be recognized. As I understand (and im not an authority on the matter) from when i was asking questions prior to deciding on a class, sdi copied material from psi. Maybe someone else can chime in on the accuracy of that statement.

Check out David Zapalla, owner of www.AdvancedHydrotest.com in Homasassa. He is a PSI instructor and I have only heard compliments on his training classes. He has a variety of cut-a-ways from failed tanks that give you a healthy respect for proper tank maintenance and care.

Dave and his sons are technical divers so they understand the importance of the process.

Can anyone explain what value the recert every 3 years has? I guess if they're were new tanks / manf. coming out but most of us dive tanks that are 10-20 years old. Is it just to knock the dust off, or another scuba tax?

I think I read in the beginning TDI didn't have an expiration date?

Not making waves, I don't have any VIP cert.

I did one refresher but haven't done another. I still have the memory stick that the refresher came on and may refer to that in the future but I don't think I will bother with another update. I do not do other people's cylinders for profit and I have my own compressor so I really don't need others to accept my sticker when I do use one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom