Which Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently went to a DOG Demo day and now am considering purchasing a DUI drysuit. My dilemma is I'm not sure which suit to buy, and honestly I did not have time to speak with the reps at the demo day.

The majority of my diving is done in warm water. That would lead me to the 30/30. However, lately I have been wanting to do some diving in Chicago and potentially in Southern California. Now, that takes me to the TLS or CLX.

I guess I'm wondering, if there's anyway to add feet to the 30/30 and to use it to dive in colder waters once in awhile. I think most of my diving will still be in warmer waters, but I would love to have some flexibility in diving in colder waters as well.

What would you all recommend? Thanks in advance.

From what I've read, the 30/30 isn't cut to accommodate the insulation you'll need for cold water diving, feet or no feet.

I'd get the TLS in your case. In fact, unless I had a compelling reason to do otherwise, I'd get the TLS in nearly ANY case.

CLX 450 here, nice suit other than DUI folks must have been DUI the first two times around cutting it to specs.

Kenny

Can someone please describe the differences between the TLS and CLX then? Thanks for everyone's help.

I recommend the TLS 350 - I have it and dive in 75 degree water and 35 degree water. Just adjust undergarments and gloves. More flexible than CLX, cheaper. CLX may be "tougher material" but I've had no problems caving and wrecking in my TLS the last year and a half.

Can someone please describe the differences between the TLS and CLX then? Thanks for everyone's help.

At a high leve, TLS has a nylon outer shell where the CLX has a Cordura blend. The cordura will be tougher than the nylon, but from what I have seen the nylon suits hold up well.

The TLS will offer a bit more mobility from the fact that the Cordura is a bit stiffer than the nylon.

I own the CLX and love the suit. I had it custom cut and the fit is perfect. You can't go wrong with a DUI if you are willing to pay a premium for the suit.

Thanks for the quick explanations. I think I will go to the LDS and try on both and feel the difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom