Which Strobe???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bflem55

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys I have A Ikeiltie housing for a cannon digital camera. I am just wondering If I can use a sea life strobe?? If I can what is the diference between the sealife digital strobe and the sealife sl960 strobe?? And also where are some good places to try to get a good deal on either thanks a lot

A Canon DSLR? As long as the strobe you're looking at has a wired connection and you can get a sync cord, you're fine. If it's a fiber-optic connection, it won't work.

If you're interested in TTL, you will only get that with an Ikelite digital substrobe.

I have the cannon a570is digital camera. what is ttl?? and I have heard some things about sea life strobes not fitting on ikeilite housings is that true??

Don't worry about TTL, you can't get it with the P&S you're using.

The Ikelite housing for your camera doesn't have a sync port. You have to use a strobe that will work as a slave or has an optical cable.

Talk to Joe at ScubaToys, he can answer your questions about the strobes.

Don't worry about TTL, you can't get it with the P&S you're using.

I recommend asking an authorized reseller of INON strobes if S-TTL is a possibility with your camera.

If so, then we can discuss if S-TTL and "TTL" results in the final analysis are similar......

Hey guys I have A Ikeiltie housing for a cannon digital camera. I am just wondering If I can use a sea life strobe?? If I can what is the diference between the sealife digital strobe and the sealife sl960 strobe?? And also where are some good places to try to get a good deal on either thanks a lot
Yes. You can use the SeaLife SL960D (The digital one) for sure. The non digital one (SL960) will probably work with the manual mode of the camera.
The diff between the two is that the digital one (SL960D) has the ability to ignore pre-flashes, so that the strobe will fire when your shutter is open, not before it opens.
The D version also has a dial on the back to vary the output which is extremely handy.
You will need a Fiber Optic cable to go from the strobe to the camera housing in front of the camera flash to trigger the strobe.

You don't need TTL and chances are your Canon digital camera doesn't have it unless it's a DSLR.
There are others on this board who will disagree about needing TTL of course.

I have used this setup (with Canon UW cases) myself satisfactorily.
You can get a decent price on the 960D at Leisurepro, but I am thinking about selling mine, so that would be an even better deal :)

I just saw that you posted basically the same question 3 or 4 times. My response above does not address any physical attachment issues between the Sealife strobe and the Ikelite housing if that is what you were trying to ask about.
Hopefully by now though , you have a solution.

Back
Top Bottom