Which size spring strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How does one determine which size spring strap for the SP twin jets.

And how do you like them if you have them?

Don't have 'em yet...just about to order...

Here's what I've learned:

Put on your booties and your fins. Measure from the pin on on side of the fin to the pin on the other side of the fin, Subtract 1" to 1-1/2". That's the length spring you need.

Now...on to www.leisurepro.com to order them.......

Just ordered 1 pair EZ Spring Fin Strap - Pro Diver, Black Medium, 12 1/2"
SKU AQEZP

Price: $31.95 + $7.45 shipping...

underachiever:
How does one determine which size spring strap for the SP twin jets.

And how do you like them if you have them?

Hello Underachiever,

First off, if you do not know if you would like them or not, just go to the hardware store and get some bungee cord and heavy duty zip ties. Cut a piece of garden hose or plastic tubing and viola...there you go.

I thought I would like spring straps but decided to do the above and have left them that way. For the type of diving I do it works just fine.
If you then decide to go the spring strap route check out these links:

http://www.giddins.net/scuba/spring_straps/

Here is another link in Dutch
http://www.torpedo.be/springs.html

I do not know where I picked up the info pasted below, so sorry I can not credit the proper person for the good info:

The springs are eleven inches long. You will need to size them to your foot yourself. Long Type 302 SS Extension Spring 11" Length, 1/2" OD, .062"
Flexible vinyl tubing, Clear, 3/4" OD x 5/8" ID To cover the springs, 2 feet length.
SS s hooks
And Flexible vinyl tubing, Black, 5/8" OD x 1/2" ID To cover the wire loops, 1 foot length. We have seen a picture of straps that used heavy heat-shrink tube from Home Depot instead of the vinyl tubing. It looked very good and may be a superior solution.

Hope this helps,

couv

Here's a novel idea... go to a dive shop that carries them & try them on. Then you'll get the right size and won't be wearing garden hose on your feet:)

Or you can get mine, Twin Jet with a spring strap, Large in black ....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom