Which photo-hosting website do you use, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a flickr Pro account and will use it till I manage to put up my own site. But it aint gonna happen soon.

I have accounts with Flickr (Flickr: Ken Bondy's Photostream) and Photobucket. They are both excellent but Flickr is much more of a social site with lots of interaction. Now that I am on Flickr I rarely use Photobucket any more, Flickr does everything Photobucket does and is just more fun. AndyT what's your Flickr address, would like to wander around your Photostream. ++Ken++

SmugMug is awesome... VERY customizable, no limits, great way to backup all your full size photos (in three data centers), very easy for people to buy prints, etc...

Also, a good company with some very dedicated employees, rapid tech support, etc..

Have been using them for a while, and have never been disappointed...

rothschilddesign.smugmug.com/underwater

Mike

I have a flickr Pro account and will use it till I manage to put up my own site. But it aint gonna happen soon.

Haha! Same here! Link is in my sig...

Pbase is my preference. They layout is just right. No square thumbnails, no advertisements and no one-picture-at-a-time nonsense. What Pbase lacks are decent search capabilities and photo tagging. My site is DesertEagle's Pbase Page

Flickr has a far more sophisticated file system. But the layout is not very pleasing to me. I don't care for white backgrounds, nor do I like the site navigation. Even after using flickr for a while, I still get frustrated when I want to see the gallery that a photo came from. You have to remember that photos can be under sets or photostreams.

One of my friends uses Snapfish or some Kodak gallery. You have to remember a password every time. The default setting is slide show. Just give me a good, simple gallery and let me decide which photos to view.

DesertEagle,
I agree completely with your first two paragraphs. Pbase has good presentation of photos, but I can't believe how poor their search is. Half the time it doesn't seem to function properly. I've looked on their in-house forums, and members are constantly complaining about this. Flickr has great search (and with so many members it has many more photos of a topic, for example if you searching for underwater photos of a specific location). However, the presentation is bland, and the thumbnails of the photos in "sets" are too small to see what they are. The social aspect of Flickr does appear to be a lot of fun.

Ditto on Smugmug. Very easy to use, multiple up loaders, nice presentations of your work.

Kenny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom