Which one will you get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would wait for another few months or so (since I really don't need a new reg immediately) before deciding.
The Legend(LX) just finished their huge sale push and many divers now own a new Legend(LX) and they would start giving their comments towards that. MK25 is a well established reg as we all know, it is known to be one of the best regulators on the market. I might be wrong on the but MK25 seemed to be a model on the verge of revision (MK26?), just a feeling, ight be wrong, anyone know more about that?

For where I am, I would get the Legend. cold water. diaphragm. User adjustable. Easily serviced. I am not a big fan of having to spend a long time rinsing my reg after a dive and then there are the times where you just can't do it right away. The scubapro has lots of open orifices on the first stage that would hold that salt. You are comparing two very good regulators. You would be happy with either. Scubapro gives high flow rates, diaphragm will breathe better at deeper depths. If they are both easily serviced where you are, I would go for he Legend LX, not the supreme.

Can you even get a Scubapro X650 in North America? It hasn't been available (silent recall) since the summer. Have you seen it in stock anywhere (excluding grey market)?

FrediSub:
Care to elaborate? Thanks!

Based on the user's location, I didn't see a need for the heat sink or lip protector on the Supreme... If you don't dive water colder than 50 degrees (40 in my opinion) there is no need for the cold water stuff.

These two regulators are superb preformers, however, I would like to inquire what type of diving lies ahead of you. The Legend LX is awesome in colder climates and is easly servicable. The scubapro reg is an all around great reg, but does have a lot of "whistles and bells" on it. I think I would much rather go with a simple design that is tride and true than to with something that possesses more points to break or malfunction. However, that is my opinion. Hope this helps.

liberato:
Can you even get a Scubapro X650 in North America? It hasn't been available (silent recall) since the summer. Have you seen it in stock anywhere (excluding grey market)?

Yea... avoid the 650 even if you find one... bunch of troubles with that one. Hopefully they get it worked out one day. Does good for about 20 dives, then becomes a dog. As far as waiting for a MK26, I wouldn't really worry much. The MK25 can put out enough air for 100 divers breathing at once (they just did that little test) - so who really needs more? Something stupid like 300 cubic feet per minute - real handy if you want to drain a full aluminum 80 in 20 seconds.... really the tank valve orifice is the limiting factor in air flow.

But there are many more regs than the two you listed... Maybe look at Zeagle, Atomic, a different Scubapro, etc.

scubatoys:
But there are many more regs than the two you listed... Maybe look at Zeagle, Atomic, a different Scubapro, etc.

Or the Diverite regs. Simple in design and are used on ALL my tanks from doubles to stage bottles. If you get a chance, take a look at their website at:

www.diverite.com

-Then go to products and finally regulators

Hope this helps

I have used the Legend for 3 years, no problems noted, used them in fresh and down to 100 feet. BUT i am about to go purchase Atomic B2's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom