Which Nembrotha is better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvanant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two very different crops, which do you like?
Bill
4180360244_e82075a686_o.jpg

4180360140_c090a034bb_o.jpg

thanks

I like the detail on the second one, but I don't like cutting off the rhinophore. I'd rather see a horizontal crop that cuts off a bit of the posterior, which is in a less focused area and not as interesting. That would also give a strong diagonal element. The second crop is a bit too vertical for my taste.

I prefer the first one as well. I experimented with Larry's suggestion of cropping out the unfocused posterior and it looked even better.

Another for #1. Number 2 would need to be more of a super macro shot, focused on eye, mouth, etc....

Thanks to everyone who commented. I wanted a vertical crop, since I think vertical shots are way under-represented underwater since we tend to look at pics on 16x9 monitors as well. I will play a bit and try to post one that Larry C likes.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom