Which Manado dive resort has good shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MUREX Manado Resort has some good "muck" diving easily accessible from shore. Some very good macro to be had.

"Our main dive resort, Murex Manado, in the Village of Kalasey, across the bay from Manado city, has become a diving legend.

It's right on the water's edge, set in a beautiful tropical garden. Lovely mature trees tower over a tranquil running stream. Air conditioned and fan cooled rooms are quiet, clean, comfortable and spacious. Each has an attached bathroom.

Recreation includes swimming, snorkeling and a house reef right at the front (house reef 50 meters from your bedroom)."

Rickg

but in general, diving in Bangka is very nice - better than Bunaken.
I do second this statement! ...except that I would maybe have used the word "fantastic" instead of "very nice" :wink:

Besides, I found the dive guides of the dive shop I dived with (Living Colours) in Bunaken not too enthusiastic, a bit factory-like "in-out, next one..." though they did indeed know the dive sites very well.

I plan to go back to Northern Sulawesi to dive again in Bangka (and new places, like Lembeh and Togean islands), but won't go back to Bunaken.

BTW, I did my best diving ever in Indonesia in Pulau Weh, W-Sumatra - by far better than Bunaken....

Well i've been to manado and frankly its great fun. ante up for the A/C we always do and its a better night than having to deal with the mossie problems.

I normally go to Lumba Lumba. Roel and Jude run a great team with Maksi and gang all very professional dive guides.

i have done 2 trips in the last 3 years and am going again in november. I like bunaken better than lembeh, although diving the dark sand is a unique experience. my favourite dive site is the seagrass beds around Circus critters in front of the Prima Minahasa resort (i've stayed there too) and pohpoh. Lots of good pics including a wide angle shot of no less than 6 lionfish hunting around a small coral head....amazing.

i can't wait and my only advice to you is bring lots of cards and batteries. you are going to be very busy :)

MUREX Manado Resort has some good "muck" diving easily accessible from shore. Some very good macro to be had.

"Our main dive resort, Murex Manado, in the Village of Kalasey, across the bay from Manado city, has become a diving legend.

It's right on the water's edge, set in a beautiful tropical garden. Lovely mature trees tower over a tranquil running stream. Air conditioned and fan cooled rooms are quiet, clean, comfortable and spacious. Each has an attached bathroom.

Recreation includes swimming, snorkeling and a house reef right at the front (house reef 50 meters from your bedroom)."

Rickg

I spent a month with them in may 2004 and was very satisifed with the acomodations as well.. My room mate was not as happiy since I kept setting the ac on 16...

If you are a photographer it would be a shame to dive Manado and only do a few dives at Lembeh: I am underwhelmed by Manado - big walls but very few large fish (maybe a few small white tip reef sharks in 4-5 days diving). I am fairly bored there after 3 days - though there are a few different pigmy seahorses to chase. Lembeh always blows me away - fantastic macro, and I really can't wait to get back there.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Who did you dive with on the walls? The amount of big fish does vary with the moon and tides and, of course, time of year. But also dive experiences depend on the guides.

Would absolutely second TrapMonkey on Lumbalumba and the dive sites. I have just received Lumbalumba's newsletter. The separate restaurant building is nearly finished and they are starting on the pool. They are building up their spa facility. Last summer we were getting great massages.

And they have air con and fan in all rooms - so you can choose, plus a back-up generator. How cool is that?!!

Back
Top Bottom