Which Liveaboard for Socorro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjd001

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm thinking I need another dive trip this year and I'm looking at Socorro in November. I found some open spots on trips to Socorro on the Valentina, the Rocio Del Mar and the Nautilus Explorer and Belle Amie.

I'm a very experienced diver and I went to Socorro on the Nauticas Explorer in 2005. I have not been on any of the other boats, although I am going on the Rocio Del Mar to the Sea of Cortez in August.

I've been on many Nautilus trips and always had a good time. My friend went on the Valentina and said the food was good. I think the Rocio Del Mar is a little less cushy than the other two, but I don't really mind that.

So just looking for feedback from people who've been on one or more of the boats and how your experience was, and whether you would recommend it.

Thanks!

Unless they've refurbished/renovated the Valentina, I wouldn't go on it.

Wife and I are headed to Socorro on the Belle Amie in December. First time, and looking forward to it!
Tacking on to this thread: anyone been to Socorro in late-December? I'm specifically looking for water temperature information.

The Belle Amie is the nicest and largest boat out of the bunch. I’ve been on it twice and loved it.
Do you have any recommendations/tips for this specific boat?

Do you have any recommendations/tips for this specific boat?

Nothing specific that I can remember but I’m going back on June 28th and will let you know. I commented on your other post about wetsuit thickness with some info about the trip and a video of my trip. It’s an awesome boat and the crew and service has always been top-notch.

Nothing specific that I can remember but I’m going back on June 28th and will let you know. I commented on your other post about wetsuit thickness with some info about the trip and a video of my trip. It’s an awesome boat and the crew and service has always been top-notch.

For some reason, I wasn't alerted that you responded. Thanks a million! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom