Which island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which island would be recommended to go diving on? The prices for boat dives seem to be high on Hawaii. We would be staying if we went to Hawaii in Kiholo Bay at the Marriott.

Thanks,

Sean

From what I've seen, the $115-$125 most of the boat charters on the Big Island are in line with or lower priced than what I've seen on Maui or Kauai. There's some pretty low prices on Oahu if you look. The Big Island and Maui tend to have the best reputations for diving.

I'm partial to the Big Island, you'll probably find most posters here are partial to the island they live on or visit regularly.

By the way, I believe the Marriott is up at Anaeho'omalu Bay up in the Waikoloa Beach resorts area. Kiholo Bay is a semi-private bay off the highway a few miles south of there. Very picturesque. The majority of Big Island operators launch out of Honokohau Harbor about 4-5 miles south of the Kona airport, maybe a 30-35 minute drive from the Marriott. I think there's an operator that launches off one of the beaches near your hotel.

Aloha

If you're staying at Marriott near Kiholo Bay (in Waikoloa), you're pretty much limited to diving the Big Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom