which is a better dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

papanano

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys and gals, i'm looking at a used mobby's and an andy's drysuit, which is the better of the two as far as quality and serviceability are concerned? thank for all responses.

Greg

Greg,

Whatever one fits best! Quality is about the same if one is much older than the other you might want to ensure you have it leak tested correctly and check all the seams. Serviceability.. Any professional Drysuit facility should have NO issues with either suit. If you where in Canada we could service and replace anything you would ever need to do on either of those suits.

hey guys and gals, i'm looking at a used mobby's and an andy's drysuit, which is the better of the two as far as quality and serviceability are concerned? thank for all responses.

Greg

If the Mobby's is like my old Mobby's (a bag with separate outside shell) and if the Andy's is like my old Andy's (a single layer of some sort of laminated fabric), I'd absolutely go for the Andy's.

Although Andy's is AFAIK, out of business, it's a standard suit that you can get fixed anywhere, all the parts are standard and replaceable (zippers/seals/etc) and the suit itself is very durable.

The Mobby's on the other hand is relatively fragile, not easily repairable because the bag is so delicate and thin, and the bag tends to develop uncountable numbers of tiny hard-to-find leaks as it gets older.

I'd take the Andy's in a heartbeat.

Terry

thanks for the replies. i am leaning towards the andy's, it is a single bag suit, the mobby's is the armour shell pro which is a bag with an outer suit. both are in really nice condition although the mobbys neck seal would have to be replaced as it won't fit over my head. the opening in the fabric is too small. the andy's also has dry gloves and wrist seals and seemed easier to don and remove. the inner suit of the mobby's did seem really thin in comparison but i thought it was just me.

Andy's hand down - superb suits.

thanks guys, i bought the andy's and must say i am very excited about getting in the water this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom