Which hotel to stay in Singapore ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
Hello SBoarders. Thinking about Manado in late Feb - mid March. If I were to fly from Clark- Manila to Singapore...can anyone suggest a hotel ( good value , close enough to airport ) nothing fancy just safe and affordable. I am a one star hotel person.Any tips on Manado ? also would be appreciated. Kind regards :14:

Hi 415Gem,

You can check out this website http://www.visitsingapore.com for a list of hotels and their daily rates. If you're looking to stay near the airport, you would have to look for hotels in the East Coast area which is about 15 mins to the airport via the expressway.

I was in Manado in late-2004 and stayed at Barracuda Dive Resort. The facilities were clean and decent - a fairly inexpensive basic kind of place to stay. They have a house reef where you can find mantis shrimps, mandarinfish etc. but it still can't compare to that of KBR's on Lembeh.

Hope this helps!

Actually, why waste one night in Singapore staying in some suburb when you can be in the middle of town, explore the city by foot/buses/train. If you don't mind small clean rooms, try the Chinatown branch of hotel81 at www.hotel81.com.sg . They do rooms for like US35 a night.

Traminer Yeah i read about hotel81...I like...I would plan to stay Geylang area, Little India. AC Boy Thanks for the tip on Manado. Did you get to KBR. I hope when I get to there will be local guest house small hotel close by KBR. Kind regards

415Gem:
Traminer Yeah i read about hotel81...I like...I would plan to stay Geylang area, Little India. AC Boy Thanks for the tip on Manado. Did you get to KBR. I hope when I get to there will be local guest house small hotel close by KBR. Kind regards

Hotel81 is a pretty decent budget hotel chain in Singapore. If you're planning to stay in the Geylang area, just thought you should know that it's a part of Singapore well-known for its nocturnal activities :drejnd:

I didn't stay at KBR, but I did spend a day diving Lembeh (total of 4 dives). The day-trip was all arranged by Barracuda (i.e. transport from Manado to Lembeh, dive boat) and we had to pay extra for this day-trip (can't remember how much though). KBR might be somewhat expensive if you're on a budget, but I know there are other dive resorts on Lembeh which might be cheaper e.g. SDQ.

AC Boy Yeah! I like the 1 star envirenment. Usually find cheapest food ,accomodations and best discount travel agents . I will check out Barracuda . Thats the kind of tip...I like.Thanks for the reply. Kind regards Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom