Which has better diving St. Thomas or St. Croix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that St. Thomas has better wreck diving, but in my opinion, St. Croix is better overall. There is no shore diving on St. Thomas, but St. Croix has two great shore dives: the Fredericksted Pier and Cane Bay. St. Croix also has really excellent wall dives. St. Croix also has a cluster of wrecks on the NW leeward side.

I would also like to mention that of all of the islands we've been to over the years there was only one that we had such a uniformly terrible experience that we would never ever go back to the island. The winner of that booby prize is St Thomas. Across the board sh***y attitude from any indiginous islanders. If anyone was nice, they were absolutely guaranteed to be from a different island. It was so bad that if we were to ever be on a cruise ship that stops there we would not get off the boat. Diving was fine. Just dont come up for air!

There is no shore diving on St. Thomas, but St. Croix has two great shore dives: the Fredericksted Pier and Cane Bay.

Actually St Thomas has quite a few excellent shore dives. The problem is they are not advertised and you need someone local to tell you about them. Coki and Secret Harbor are both great shore dives and each has a dive shop on site.

As stated St Thomas has some of the best wreck dives. Both islands have many good locations, why not visit both?

Thanks for all the info guys. My wife has been traveling there on business so I am tagging along for fun. There has been a slight change in the itinerary... we are now going to Saint Thomas and Saint John. Please keep the posts coming though because she will be going there often and Saint Thomas and Saint Croix are going to be the usual trip for the USVI.

BillVI, what are the names of the dive shops at Coki and Secret Harbor? I'll be in Saint Thomas for about a half day so I might be able to squeeze in a beach dive.

Thanks

Where are you staying on St Thomas? May be easier to make some recommendations depending on what side of the island your on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom