Which gas and what profile???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay tech divers, I have a question. I want to know how does someone diving tri-mix know what percentages to use and what kind of profile to plan when, lets say you are going to explore an unknown area of a cave, or enter a sink or cave that noone has ever been in before and therefor you do not know the max depth, or how long you will be there? I am sure this is a common situation for serious explorers and I am just curious to know how it is done, I think I know, but I don't want to show my ignorance unless I absolutely have to.

I assume they plan the dive and dive the plan within an acceptable range. They would mix for a depth they are comfortable with and add in all the contingencies necessary to get it done (team support, rebreathers, stages, scooters, etc). I suspect they would do the exploration in stages, both for depth and time.

That's an interesting question. I should ask that one on Quest.

Mike

WARNING the following is for illustration purposes only Doing these dives without proper training will probly get you bent or kilt!!.It's really pretty simple tho.1. do as much predive research on the area to determine probable depths/times/temps and access .2.As deco gasses are usually standardized to the team the only variable will be bottom /travel mix.A lo PO2 wont kill you ,a lo PN2 wont either ,cold will warm won't,lo vis and high flow add other issues.Off the cuff I'd say 2x95lp with 10/60(breathable under 20ft)with al40 50% al 40 100%.That gives me 20 min at 330' or a whole lotta time at 160' or less(most of the diving in Fla cave or offshore)the issue would be turn pressure (1/3s) or less if against a flow 3.find a like minded buddy 4.Find support if necessary 5.Pay for it all.Rather simple but the appropriate training is the 1st prerequisite.WARNING

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom