Which Force Fins for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm ready to make the jump to force fins. Now, the only question is which design. A local dive shop is selling the slim fins and force fins pro. Is one design "better" than the other for diving? The majority of my diving is in the cold waters of the pacific northwest. Thanks.

Excellerators!!...if you cant find a Santa with pockets quite that big....Pros!

mjgoodman,
For diving go with the PRO Force Fin The Slim Fin is a fitness swimming fin that is not your best choice for SCUBA diving. You will be diving in colder water which most likely means more gear and you will find the PRO Force Fin to provide you with plenty of propulsion as well as being extremely comfortable and maneuverable underwater. Go with the PRO Force Fin!
steveclabuesch_UCSC2.jpg

If you are looking for more information about Force Fins please visit our sub-equipment forum Merry Christmas and good luck on getting into the water with your upcoming Christmas present.

Last edited:
Slim fins are NOT for scuba, they are for exercise swimming only.

The Pro model ForceFin is an absolutely perfect for diving. just make sure you size them correctly for the booties that you wear by trying them on. the sizing for ForceFins really does not correlate to your foot size and really only to the circumference of your foot/boot combo. They should fit comfortably loose, too tight and your foot will be uncomfortable quickly. After years of fitting people to ForceFins most people can wear an XL with an average bootie, either with or without a comfort instep, larger feet or heavier soled booties may require the extra width of the XXL

BTW, since your not far from me, I would be happy to give you a chance to try any of my collection. I have nearly every size and many styles for you to try. Columbia River diving is awesome this time of year and were diving this weekend

I have a couple pairs for sale on eBay currently. Not diving as much as I used to so I'm thinning out the dive locker. Scubaboard won't let me post the URL as a link but cut and paste this to get there. Go to eBay and search for "Force Fins OPS" and "Force fin foil force."

I'd love to see them go to a good home.

You're smart to choose Force fins. They're the best by a long shot. Expensive but they last forever and really work.

Hollywood David, I do not do ebay, but will outbid anyone to get these fin's back. Call me, you know our number. Thanks for understanding Bob

Hollywood David, I do not do ebay, but will outbid anyone to get these fin's back. Call me, you know our number. Thanks for understanding Bob

Sounds like someone has gotten into Bobs treasure chest??

I love my Force Fin Pros. They offer a good compromise between perfomance and size... which is critical for me as I travel regularly.

I'd love to find an excuse to get some Tan Deltas... but the Pros are industrucible and I have no need to upgrade until they wear out (I am guessing that will happen sometime in the next century).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom