Which DUI Zip dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LKMIDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a CF200X with zip seals and want to get some dry gloves for diving this winter. I see they have the blue smurf gloves but they also have a set of compressed neoprene gloves. I heard the neo's can be hard to grab and un clip stuff ? Any thoughts would be apppreciated.

Nate

That is true that Neo...isn't good and pricey.

Check out this thread... I am using OS with Zipseal without any issue.

I have the neo's and I'm not crazy about them. They are a bit bulky. They feel like they reduce dexterity about as much as thick wet gloves. Not too bad. I havn't tried the smurfs so I don't have anything to compare them to. I know the DIR guys all wear the smurfs, so I'm guessing they might be a little better. I got the neo's because I thought they would be more durable. I use wetgloves almost all the time. I only switch to the drygloves when it is very cold. 40 degree water is fine with wetgloves. Just use the dry ones when the air gets too cold.

When I purchased my DUI suit, I was going through the same decision process and emailed my instructor about this. He steered me away from the DUI gloves as he said that it's almost impossible to don/doff both of them yourself. He did suggest the Diving Concept ones (which also have a Smurf Blue colour). Apparently, the adapter rings can be put on very easily over the zip seals. Just make sure to have plastic straws for air to go back and forth. Just, FYI.

Disclaimer: I have yet to do this, but unless I find something better, this is the route I will take.

I would stay away from the zip neo gloves. What a klutz-pita-mess. You are way better of getting different pairs of zip gloves, bigger ones for cold water use, so you can put thicker (or several) liners under them.

I used zip gloves for a long time, and manage to don/doff quite effectively with the smurf gloves attached. Not so with the neo gloves I tried. Eventually I grew tired of having to doff the top in cold weather every time I wanted my hands free, so I swapped to DC gloves too. I use zip seals still, so I get the benefit of both systems - quick fixes on field if needed. I much prefer the DC system now.

Back
Top Bottom