Which DUI TLS350 or CLX450?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chivas

Contributor
Reaction score
Considering a dry suit and wondering what others have experienced with the DUI TLS350 or CLX450. I understand that the 450 may be more durable but other than a price difference are there any other reasons not to go with the 450? Anything else I'm missing? Thanks

I've demo'd the 350 and 450 twice each, and for some reason I dove the 450 like a champ, while the 350 treated me like a chump. I don't know why, but it did. If you can do it, get to a DUI Demo Day, and try them both out. You'll find that one works better for you than the other. Other than that, I liked how the 450 held it's shape a bit better than the 350 when getting in to it (I had a bear of a time finding the leg holes in the 350). The two suits are rather similar in most respects, though.

A demo would be a great idea. They will be at Pearl Lake in Illinois this weekend. The CLX 450 is heavier than the TLS 350 and takes a little longer to dry out. The durability is probably the main difference. I went with the CLX 450.

Chivas:
Considering a dry suit and wondering what others have experienced with the DUI TLS350 or CLX450. I understand that the 450 may be more durable but other than a price difference are there any other reasons not to go with the 450? Anything else I'm missing? Thanks
I have a 450 and my wife has a 350.

The real question for you is...

What kind of diving are you going to do with this drysuit?

I have neither but have dove both... I would say save your money, go for the 350.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom