Which DUI - TLS350, CLX450 or CF200 (all self entry)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in_cavediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For all of those out there who have tried a more than one of the DUI suits, which would be your preference and why?

I've currently got a Whites aqua pro but am looking to upgrade (I am a bit hard on it, new seals twice and a new zipper once in 5 years, plus another valve cleaning coming). It also has had a bit of a shrinking problem. (I refuse to admit something else might have expanded). I use my current suit for everything from midwestern quarries to the great lakes and north florida caves. Its either dry or a skin.

My wife has a whites and a TLS350. She loves the TLS. I am leaning towards the CF200 (and if someone says its hot - then good, I hate being cold). I dive dbl 104's with a hog rig and have a couple sets of undergarmets already.

If there was a DUI demo day, I'd be all over it but it doesn't look like one until next year in my area. The closest DUI dealer is an hour plus. (been to one in Indy/Noblesville.

What do you think?

in_cavediver:
For all of those out there who have tried a more than one of the DUI suits, which would be your preference and why?

I've currently got a Whites aqua pro but am looking to upgrade (I am a bit hard on it, new seals twice and a new zipper once in 5 years, plus another valve cleaning coming). It also has had a bit of a shrinking problem. (I refuse to admit something else might have expanded). I use my current suit for everything from midwestern quarries to the great lakes and north florida caves. Its either dry or a skin.

My wife has a whites and a TLS350. She loves the TLS. I am leaning towards the CF200 (and if someone says its hot - then good, I hate being cold). I dive dbl 104's with a hog rig and have a couple sets of undergarmets already.

If there was a DUI demo day, I'd be all over it but it doesn't look like one until next year in my area. The closest DUI dealer is an hour plus. (been to one in Indy/Noblesville.

What do you think?

TLS is light but easy to rip if you wreck. Cf200 is tough, I have one and it sits in the closet with 2 other suits.

I dive a Gates VSN1100. I don't like the overlapping material on the DUI's. Makes them fit everyone. But, what's a custom fit for is you have 2 feet of extra material on your belly? I'm lucky, the Gates off the rack was a better fit then the CF200 custom fit for me. I have 2 of the Gates. It's also bullet proof.

If it's DUI, CF200. Or the CLX 450. I'd prefer the CF though.

Friends have DUI's and love them. But, that's all they've had.

I have the FLX50/50 and my husband has the TLS350. The FLX50/50 has the CF200 material on the bottom and the CLX450's bottom material (I think) on the top. One thing that makes me jealous of the TLS350 is that it is SO lightweight. The CF200 material is so heavy, and even on half the suit, it makes the suit pretty heavy. On the other hand, I do not have to worry about getting holes in mine as much as he does. If I were you, I'd probably get the CLX450, it seems like a nice tradeoff between being more robust but not ridiculously heavy.

I have the CLX450. I like it, but it's definitely heavier than the TLS. More durable too though, which is why I bought it. They're all nice suits, it just depends on what you want. If you're a cave diver you might be happier with the slimmer fit of the CF200.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom