Which DAN coverage do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like several options. Will need it for 2. So you have to join DAN to get the insurance. Are there any discounts by being PADI members or SB members?

Do most of you (that travel) get the premium coverage? (to cover cancelations or lost item) Or just the medical coverage?

We are headed to Cozumel in April so we were looking to get some type of coverage. Is DAN the best?

I have the master plan that covers me for most of the medical situations I will get into however if I am spending enough on a trip that year I buy seperate travel insurance through them.

I have the most expensive plan ("Preferred" maybe) for my husband and I. I wish ALL of my insurance were that inexpensive.
Ber :lilbunny:

We have the preferred plan

Seeing this thread I remembered it was time for me to renew. So I logged on to the Dan site and setup autorenewal. But, I noticed I was still on the standard plan. I went ahead and upgraded to the master plan but I had to do that by phone, only took 3.5 minutes. Would have upgraded to the preferred but I am already a member of SOS international through my work and I'm sure that if I ever need them they will cover most if not all of my expenses.

DAN membership and dive insurance gives you the peace of mind in knowing that you have an internationally recognized medical support network if you run into any trouble while diving, whether you accidentally step on a sea urchin, brush against fire coral or get the bends.

If you prefer the numbers:
DAN Annual Membership - $29 ($44 for family)
Preferred Insurance - $70 annually
Cost of 1 day (2 tank) dive in Cozumel - about $100

There's other insurance out there and it's debatable as to who's the best. However, DAN is known all over and they do provide good coverage for the price. Dive Safe!

underachiever:
Looks like several options. Will need it for 2. So you have to join DAN to get the insurance. Are there any discounts by being PADI members or SB members?

Do most of you (that travel) get the premium coverage? (to cover cancelations or lost item) Or just the medical coverage?

We are headed to Cozumel in April so we were looking to get some type of coverage. Is DAN the best?

Preferred plan for my wife, daughter and I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom