Which compact P&S camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always loved my Fuji's, best own brand housings out there IMO, and this new one does look a cracker. Not as quick a lens as the Canon, and nowhere as much of a media darling that the S90/5 is, especially with Fuji not being as big in the US, but as a second camera you really couldnt go wrong, RAW/1080p/slowmo and a mean range of zoom. Shame I just bought a Pana TZ10 for my last trip otherwise I would be looking at the F550
Either way, go try the cameras in a store first and see which you feel you could get used to.

Either way, go try the cameras in a store first and see which you feel you could get used to.

See, this is where I run aground. For an underwater camera, I don't care how it shoots on dry land or feels in my hand naked. It is what it feels like and how it interfaces with me via the housing. It is also about what lenses, strobes, accessories it can utilize. Now, that is where most cameras run aground, not me, they simply lack the versatility to be truly useful underwater save maybe for some limited slice of the photo spectrum.

N

Nemrod, I get your thinking in that some cameras handle really well underwater, but if I find the image quality lacking in some respect on land....Its not going to get better underwater! Like my last purchase, the Pana TZ10, I was all set to get the Fuji F80, I know I like the housings Fuji make, but I found the image quality too processed. Neither are perfect by any means but im glad i had a play in store !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom