Which camera/housing to use U/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomG

Reaction score
I have an Olympus 3030, digital, that I was going to purchase a housing for, but I recently started using a Canon 10D SLR digital for personal and intraoral (dentistry) use. I am a little concerned about using the Canon U/W in a housing. What does this great group have to say?

Thanks

TomG:
I have an Olympus 3030, digital, that I was going to purchase a housing for, but I recently started using a Canon 10D SLR digital for personal and intraoral (dentistry) use. I am a little concerned about using the Canon U/W in a housing. What does this great group have to say?

Thanks
The housing for the Olympus will be a lot cheaper! I would probably get that - at least first!!

Good advice. The Oly PT-010 housing for your camera is under $200. The one for your DSLR is likely $1000.
Don't delay too long on getting the PT-010 as they are out of production.

TomG:

Thanks

The Canon is a fine rig. But when it floods, you'll cry. When the 3030 floods, you'll just be miffed.

Also - there are a lot more Oly users here than Canon users - that means you're just a click away from quick, experienced support for any problems or questions with your new UW rig. The resource this board supplies is often overlooked - and should weigh heavily in your thinking.

Lastly - take the IO cam on your next GW cage dive... THAT I would like to see.

Say "AHH. Wider Please..."

:D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom