Which brand to choose: Atomic, Zeagle or Oceanic??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ad14na

New
Reaction score
Hey all... I am new at this forum and diving. Really want to buy a whole new gear for myself. However, dive centers in my country only sells a particular brands. Therefore it is really hard for me to compare to other brands. I have looked at several brands and they are Atomic Z1, Zeagle, Oceanic delta3 and oceanic omega2.
Can anybody help in choosing between these four? I need advice on their performance and the service.

Thank you so much.

ad14na:
Hey all... I am new at this forum and diving. Really want to buy a whole new gear for myself. However, dive centers in my country only sells a particular brands. Therefore it is really hard for me to compare to other brands. I have looked at several brands and they are Atomic Z1, Zeagle, Oceanic delta3 and oceanic omega2.
Can anybody help in choosing between these four? I need advice on their performance and the service.

Thank you so much.

.....first rent or borrow these from your dive shops to try out and compare first. The second thing you should do is to search for those brands/products in this forumn and see what people have tos ay about them. When you do all this, consider the type of diving you will be doing and the money you're willing to spend. These are all factos to consider first.

ad14na:

Thank you so much.

Which Zeagle are you considering? Are you looking at the Z1 for cost reasons (they basically all breath the same). Don't know anything about the Oceanic.

If it helps, I have two atomics (T1x and B2), two Zeagles (Envoy & DS-IV), two Apeks (TX-50 & ATX-200)...happy with all of them.

I am definitely the odd ball here and a newbie to boot, but I recently chose a reg based on breathing on it them in the store and diving a couple down to 11 feet. The ones I tried were the ScubaPro Mk25/S600, Zeagle Flathead ZX/VI, and the Oceanic Delta 3 Ti/TDX5 Titanium setup at ScubaToys. Standing in the store, the ScubaPro and Oceanic breathed the best to me for whatever that means.

Then we went down to 11 feet in the pool and I liked the Oceanic much better. The Oceanic seemed seemed much easy to start the air flow and it delivered more air once it got started. I have been told by several that its impossible that it happened that way, but the Oceanic is the one I chose by trying those three. The Tusa RS-130 that my brother uses also seems nice for the price, but I like my Oceanic much better.

Point of the story is try them all if you can. I was surpised when I liked the less expensive one despite all the opinions given here.

Personally would go with the Zeagle. If nothing else for the customer service. My LDS carries Oceanic and they are ok. I know a couple of people that dive Atomic and they like them. To me the most important thing is service at the LDS. If you can't get it then the best reg is going to do you no good.

All the brands you mentioned are good. I would test out all the ones
that interest you and go with the one that feels the best to you
regarding breathability. I would also be sure you can get it serviced
in your area. I have an ApexsATX50 and I would add it to your
list if you have a dealer in your area.

Thank you guys for all the comment especially for Daryl. I would definately try to rent and get the feel of it first. Will let you guys know what I bought in the end. Thank you again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom