Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Great Barrier Reef - not bad for a first dive. Lots of fish - great reef and warm waters. I only had to wear a 5mm wetsuit. Sadly my second was in a quarry in England, cold, dark and nothing to see. Didn't put me off though!

My first OW dive was in mid-winter outside Trondheim, Norway. Air temperature was 5F. Water temperature was 31F... After 30 seconds we couldn't feel our lips. After 10 minutes my fingers were gone. But inside my drysuit the rest of me was ok, and convinced me that EVERYTHING AFTER THIS has to be easy! -And it was quite correct...

I've been back, since but can't really say that I took anyone back to share the memories. Like most quarries, it can have its good days and it can have its bad days....

My first OW dive was Beach 8 in Far Rockaway, Queens. Its was right near JFK airport and I took a cab out there from Manhattan with all my gear, including tanks. 65 degrees, 2 foot vis and a swift current. We clung to a chain about 20 feet down. Boy did I really want to get certified. Lol.

My first dives after certification were in Antigua.

Hmmm...Technically..my first OW dives were in Key West on a "resort course"...

My first POST certification dives were (ironically) In Key West again....

For some weird reason... keep going back......----->

The Blue Grotto in Williston, Florida. I met a couple of awesome dive buddies who told me about Scubaboard!

Firebrand:
The Blue Grotto in Williston, Florida. I met a couple of awesome dive buddies who told me about Scubaboard!

Heh. That's where my first O/W dive was. My first certification dive that is. Although calling Blue Grotto open water is kinda funny. :)

My first certified O/W dive was at Ginnie Springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom