Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first attempt at an OW Dive was in Laguna Beach (April of this year! :) ) at Shaw's Cove. We swam out and dropped, but the surge was way too strong to practice any skills so our instructor aborted the dive.

The first OW dive I got credit for was at the dive park in Catalina Island. 3 dives there, then back to Shaw's for our last checkout dive. I love both places, but my wife hates the stairs at Shaw's...

1199715533_e12d3663f2.jpg

How weird is this thread? Like the OP way back in '03, my first dive was at the plane in Coz. 30 minutes in the shallow water with an instructor from Dive With Martin, then out to the plane. Man it was gorgeous. 30-40 feet, clear water, a perfect little model reef. I did it in 2000. There was a plastic skeleton in the wheel well of the plane, I took it as a sign of local black humor. I did the same dive post wilma, and the plane was a bit more scattered around.
Loved that dive then, I would happily do it tomorrow.

La Jolla Cove, San Diego, CA

Mud hole in Chillicothe Illinois. Not sure if it is a quarry or just a slightly deeper mud puddle.

Oh, I haven't been back since.

White Star Quarry in northern Ohio

Good ole Whytecliff park in Vancouver (well horseshoe bay for you 'bayers), Gotta love the cold water of the north pacific!! Wore a tshirt and track pants as undergarment (froze my butt off) and lost my watch, but found it the next day on OW4. :)

Fort Wetherill State Park, Jamestown, RI in 51 degree water in 5 feet of visibility. The instructor kept saying, "If you can dive in this, you can dive anywhere." Our 3rd dive was in 0 viz and my husband's mask strap broke during the removal skill. We've become vacation divers in tropical locations - go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom