Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first "O.W." dive was in "Port Orford", Oregon. The water was really choppy when we went down... (60 feet) and we came up in the middle of a storm. Because of the storm, we did our second dive in shallow, and protected cove, which was only about 40 feet deep, with about 45 feet of visibility.

While we were Diving in the cove, several Grey Whales came into the cove with us. (We assume that they wanted to rest.) They stayed far enough away that we couldn't see them, but we sure could HEAR them!!!! It was really "Eerie" and very "Cool"... all at the same time! :11:

Once back at the boat, we were told that the whales stayed about 100 yards away from us... and only surfaced near the mouth of the cove.

Yep!... Definitely "Hooked!" :eyebrow:

Donnie

Vortex Springs in Ponce De Leone, FL

Pretty popular place for OW students to do their check out dives...

Bass Harbor, Mount Desert Island, Maine... in April.

Surface temp was just over 40 degrees, vis was about 10 feet. I saw a moon snail and some urchins, but not much else.

Portage Quarry, OH. Not nearly as exciting as some of the others hear, but a great time anyway!!

My first ow dive was at Grande Island, Phillipines 68'. It was a navy thing. I would love to go back to Olongopo. If you know what I mean. I went with my wife in 92' on her first owd in Crystal River, Florida and swam with the Manatee. In February it was cold but real cool! I think it's great to share a special dive you like........

My first OW dive was in East London, strong surge, 2m vis.

Man I was hooked :)

Back
Top Bottom