Where to work this Winter/Spring/Summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

niuhi

Registered
Reaction score
Where will be the best place to work as a divemaster given my circumstances.

I will be finished with all my transfer classes at Orange Coast College this coming Fall semester ending Dec 17th 2006 :D . And I will be transfering to UC Santa Barbara Fall 2007 (Sept. 17th) and will be there for at least two years.

So lets say I wanna leave January and come back in August.
I want to travel somewhere exotic/different and do not mind sparse accomodations, live aboards are an option I am looking at as well. Where will I find the best pay/weather/diving/etc. I have not had the chance to travel out of N. America much because of financial reasons and school comitments so my knowledge and experience is very limited with dive travel outside of N. America.

My experience:
-PADI Divemaster
-Commercial Diver/Tender
-A.S. Marine Technology
-500+ logged dives
-Aq. of Pacific Diver
-Boat Bottom cleaner
-Lifeguard/ARC Lifeguard Instructor
-Lobster Wrangler:D
And keep in mind Im only 22 yrs. old.

My diving is limited to Hawaii, Sea of Cortez, Pacific Baja, All California, Vancouver B.C., Key West, Tahoe, Colorado River.

ME on an Island in Vancouver:mooner:

And how much pay would I be expected to recieve. Hour/Month/etc.

You're far more likely to get work as an instructor or a USCG captain.

Short answer, you'll go where you get hired. Put your resume together and start looking for jobs. There's a jobs section on the PADI website, you can look there to see what's being offered.

Rachel

Thanks, but let me clarify my intent. Im NOT looking for a career, just a good time untill Fall semester while making some cash. PADI website is a good start though. Thanks agian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom