Where to wear a dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air integrated wrist mounted computer on my right wrist just above my glove, strapped extra firmly so that it doesn't loosen up at depth due to wetsuit compression, and if it slides a bit it won't move past the glove. It's on the right so I can check it while dumping my BC upon ascent.

Second non-air integrated computer on a retractor in my left BC pocket as a backup during extended dive vacations with repetitive dives to track my nitrogen absorption. I'm right handed and prefer to keep my right BC pocket available for my light which is on a retractor, and a compass/slate combination on an extra long retractor so I can hold the compass out in front of me when navigating. The long retractor also helps in case I need to write a message and pass the slate to a nearby diver.

Computer on the back of the right hand. that way even if my watch were to somehow slip off the forearm (strap not tightened enough), I wouldn't lose it.

Compass on the back of the left hand, leaving the forearm free for the Riffe fish sticker.

Computer on the back of the right hand. that way even if my watch were to somehow slip off the forearm (strap not tightened enough), I wouldn't lose it.

Ok I don't get it

If you're worried about a watch slipping off your wrist, why aren't you worried about a dive computer slipping off the back of your hand?

Ok I don't get it

If you're worried about a watch slipping off your wrist, why aren't you worried about a dive computer slipping off the back of your hand?

Because my dive computer is on a bungie mount with the cords ran between my thumb. The only way it would slip off is if a Great White or something big chew my hand off.

His computer costs less than his Panerai dive watch?
Rolex, not Panerai.

Where to wear a dive computer ?

underwater.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Last edited:
I wear my Suunto D6 on my left wrist and sometimes my Aladin Prime on my right. Though I've considered having it all on my right since it's hard to see your ascent rate when your left hand is over your head and all your gauges are on it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom