where to upload pic albums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from a group cruise/dive trip. Is there a site that allows me to upload 160megs of photo for the group to access and print. Was hoping for a site that won't limit the pic size too much. Average size is 1 to 1 1/2 megs each. Preferably free and won't charge them to see and or print them....

all4scuba05:
Just got back from a group cruise/dive trip. Is there a site that allows me to upload 160megs of photo for the group to access and print. Was hoping for a site that won't limit the pic size too much. Average size is 1 to 1 1/2 megs each. Preferably free and won't charge them to see and or print them....

Yes absolutely, Shutterfly is one (not sure of others) I've got over 4GB of photos up on Shutterfly now, not sure if they take stuff down if you never print photos (I print probably about 72 a year roughly)

Most of my photos on Shutterfly are around 2MB or so, the only thing you can't do with uploads to shutterfly is allow other people to download the originals, while they can print them (and the prints come from the originals) the photo as uploaded aren't viewable.

edit: Should qualify, to print them does cost money, you can't print them from shutterfly for free, well you can print the low-res versions for free, but I'm not sure how well those would print, the hi-res originals you have to ask shutterfly to print for you (alternatively I suppose people could ask you for originals of those they want to print via e-mail).

Try www.ofoto.com

You can put the pictures on and they can look at them and if they want to they can order prints directly from the site. I don't think ANY photo site will let you print them for free, after all they are in it to make money!

Wow! I stand corrected!

from Shutterfly's website:
Storage policy
Shutterfly's picture storage policy is designed to let you enjoy your personal pictures without limitations for years to come.

* Shutterfly will let you store as many pictures as you wish.
* There is no fee to upload or store your pictures.
* All pictures, whether uploaded digitally or from our 35mm film service, will be kept in your account until you delete them yourself.

Please note that Shutterfly reserves the right to modify this policy if necessary.

The only downside I see is that they don't allow you to link directly to a photo in your gallery.

getwet2:

Ofoto has been acquired by Kodak in the last year. The new website is:

http://www.kodakgallery.com

I have used them to share photos with friends around the country after trips as well as purchase prints and last year a calander.

CA Diver:
Ofoto has been acquired by Kodak in the last year. The new website is:

http://www.kodakgallery.com

I have used them to share photos with friends around the country after trips as well as purchase prints and last year a calander.
Yes you are indeed correct, I just haven't updated the old link yet, thanks!

thanks, just uploaded to kodak gallery per request from part of my group

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom