Where to stay in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checkout pagasa's website for weather information. Ramon just moved through the southern end of minodoro at around 10pm last night. It doesn't sound like it was all that extreme. I spoke to a gf in San Jose, Mindoro that was in the center and she said the rain wasn't as bad as she had been expecting. I would guess PG would be ok for the weekend.

problm you may have is that is still signal 1 as of this moment, which means that none of the bancas from batangas can sail until the signal is lifted

Is Puerta Galera still a good option? Or are there better places near Manila considering the weather. I fly out from Manila on the 19th.

As the previous poster pointed out, you won't be able to get there until they restart the bancas - well, not without going via Calapan which adds quite a few hours of travel time

I'd suggest you consider going to Anilao instead, then if the weather comes good you can get from there to Sabang easily

Another option would be Subic Bay. They're both on Luzon so no water transport required for either

Thanks for the help!

Weather still looks pretty grim. I've got one night still here in Manila. Heading out today to work out logistics. Hopefully can walk around the streets, they were flooded last night.

I'll look at trying to get to Anilao then on to Sabang later on. And keep an eye on the weather so I can get back to Manila ok.

I spoke to El Galleon and Arthurs Place at Anilao. El Galleon weren't sure but were hoping tomorrow was ok. Lita at Arthurs place said they are going out tomorrow afternoon. So i'm chilling for the moment and will head to Anilao in the morning. If I can, I will shoot over to Sabang for a dive to Verde island. But we'll see how things go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom