Where to stay in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly, it just doesn't seem like there are any real "bad" choices on Bonaire, so no matter what you choose, it's more likely than not that you'll be fine. If you don't HAVE to be ocean-front, look at the Golden Reef Inn. Great little pool area, can't beat the owners (based on their support here), condos are fully equipped...

I have been reading the forums for the last several days and checking out numerous websites and now I am overwhelmed!

I will be heading to Bonaire with my husband and two teenage sons in June. This will be our first time to Bonaire. We are pretty new divers.. only dove in Coz and Kauai. A nice clean place with an easy entry (dock or walk in) would be great as well as a dive op that is easy to work with. and do a great job with orientation to help us all feel more comfortable with shore diving. Which I know we will love ( we don't do well with schedules)!

The boys will need a place to hang out and I have read that Bonaire isn't known for it's beaches.. but a little chunk of nice sand and a pool would be great as well as a TV for them to wind down. We would like to cook breakfasts and lunches to save a few bucks and keep the boys fueled :D!

Any advice?? Thanks in advance!

Your teenage sons will be quite happy with a "Dutch" island were clothing is optional - Depending on where you end up, they will have plenty to gaz --- oops! I mean't to do there!

With exception of Sorobon, there are no clothing optional or nude facilities on Bonaire.
I think you must be confusing it with the Orient Beach area of St. Martin...

I stayed at Capt Donn's Habitate. The rooms were clean and the next dive was only a few steps away. It was spetacular.

I would be a big fan of Buddy's Dive Resort. Everything you asked for and easy rental arrangements for a truck. A vehicle will be extremely useful for the week - actually indispensable in my opinion.

A lot of good choices are listed above. One I don't see is the Plaza Resort. This one does have a beach with lounges and all. You can dive right off the same beach--especially good for night diving.

It's not real close to town, but is only five minutes or less. They have two bedroom units that are really nice. 2 bedrrom, 2 baths, full kitchen, dining/living room area and al furnished rather well. The master bedroom and living room area are 16x25'. The smaller bedroom is 13x16'. All fully air conditioned.

For info on most of these places your can look at Bonaire, Bonaire Travel, Bonaire Hotels, Bonaire Deals, Bonaire Dive, Bonaire Resort - Bonaire Pros.

Prices have been dropping, too, lately. The two bedroom units at Plaza are down to $620/diver ( quad/occ) from $682 just a few weeks ago.

I'm gearing up for a September jaunt. My sixth trip to Bonaire in 4 years. It's truly my favorite place to travel to and dive in the Caribbean.

Thank you all so much for the fantastic advice! I have made reservations at the Carib Inn and we are really looking forward to our trip!

Carib Inn is an excellent choice. I dove with Ralph. He's got a german accent, very layback, the only person I know on the island diving with a hood, and very knowledgeable about sea life especially for the small ones. He's really cool.

Back
Top Bottom