Where To Stay In Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Aiyanar three times. Delightful accommodations, facilities, food, and diving. Highly recommmended.

I am rethinking Buceo. I can accept being sequestered, we are there to dive... but their T&C's state no outside food and drink allowed. We like a decent cocktail or to share a bottle of wine after diving and travel with appropriate supplies. I don't expect a dive place in the Philippines to make me a craft cocktail or have a nice bottle of wine. But, I do expect to be able to bring my own, especially when you are locked into the resort. We are also vegetarian and sometime buffer whats available as you can only eat so much pasta. Bit of an overreach IMHO.

Pretty sure you can BYOB.
That clause in the T&C is for a certain sect that bring their own and drink it with little tact.

Contact Dave at Buceo and see what they can offer for vegetarians.

Pretty sure you can BYOB.
That clause in the T&C is for a certain sect that bring their own and drink it with little tact.

Contact Dave at Buceo and see what they can offer for vegetarians.

Got it, thank you.

@btscott the food at Buceo is good enough for me to get thru a 10 day dive trip there, but being vegetarian might be a bit of a challenge.

Not so worried about the food. There for the diving. But, still prefer not to eat the same thing everyday.

Will follow up with Buceo with questions as it sounds like they are easy to work with.

Thanks again everyone for the input.

I am rethinking Buceo. I can accept being sequestered, we are there to dive... but their T&C's state no outside food and drink allowed. We like a decent cocktail or to share a bottle of wine after diving and travel with appropriate supplies. I don't expect a dive place in the Philippines to make me a craft cocktail or have a nice bottle of wine. But, I do expect to be able to bring my own, especially when you are locked into the resort.
I've never had any issues bringing a bottle of rum or gin to any resort in Philippines or Indonesia, I'm sure wine wouldn't be an issue either.

I am rethinking Buceo. I can accept being sequestered, we are there to dive... but their T&C's state no outside food and drink allowed. We like a decent cocktail or to share a bottle of wine after diving and travel with appropriate supplies. I don't expect a dive place in the Philippines to make me a craft cocktail or have a nice bottle of wine. But, I do expect to be able to bring my own, especially when you are locked into the resort. We are also vegetarian and sometime buffer whats available as you can only eat so much pasta. Bit of an overreach IMHO.

My recent hobby has been trying to educate dive resort bar tenders on proper wine storage techniques. Storing it outside in 30C + temps guarantees everything is cooked. Every now and then I'll see a proper wine fridge and then I'll be comfortable ordering a bottle.

Buceo was great when I was there in August. Intend to go back again next year for a few weeks.

I took a group of 10 to Aquaventures in 2018. They gave us a much better quote than Buceo or Crystal. We had a group so we didn't face the "empty boat" issue. We went with the AI and the meals were all good, the rooms were fine, the grounds look nice, and the diving was great.

I took a group of 10 to Aquaventures in 2018. They gave us a much better quote than Buceo or Crystal. We had a group so we didn't face the "empty boat" issue. We went with the AI and the meals were all good, the rooms were fine, the grounds look nice, and the diving was great.
That was the old Aquaventure...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom