Where to stay and dive on Utila or should we look further

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hesslerca

Registered
Reaction score
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
# of dives
We first went diving at Bayman Bay Club in Guanaja in the 1980s and loved it. Did Laguna Beach last year and everything was perfect BUT for the fact that they put us on the boat for the entire week with new divers. Not cool. We want peace, quiet, (we loved Utilia town), 3 dives a day with no time limits and Nitrox.

We love walls

Any ideas?

if you love peace and quiet town seems like an odd choice. why not rent a house on an empty beach? the cabana at big rock is lovely and the pineapple house and coral house (i own these) on treasure beach are pretty amazing. all are within walking distance of some southside dive sites and for northside wall dives several dive co's will pick you up right from the houses (including utopia, who rarely have new divers on board). all three of these homes also have beautiful house reefs for snorkeling.

I guess I should have said that we loved Laguna Resort for peace but still loved going into town. Will check these places out. Can we get a plan with 3 meals a day and maid service? I was looking at Utopia but they only do 2 boat dives a day and we want 3. I have a REALLY bad back and shore diving is difficult for me so I prefer 3 boat dives a day. Can we achieve that with one of these houses?

three boat dives a day is doable (two a.m., one p.m.) as is maid service but not three meals a day, unless you want to hire a personal chef which can be arranged but is pricey.
to see the houses go to TREASURE BEACH | Facebook or MY UTILA LIFE or Utila Vacation Rental - VRBO 245992 - 4 BR Bay Islands House in Honduras, The Pineapple House - New Luxury Home on Treasure Beach
there are also lots of videos of the homes, the surrounding, diving, snorkeling the reef etc. on youtube, just search "treasure beach utila"

Deep Blue - the other AI - does 3 dives/day. The 2 night dives count as your 3rd dive those days. They're just past Laguna Beach. http://www.deepblueutila.com/abouttheresort.php It's a smaller resort, 10 rooms/20 guests max. It's quiet at night. Depending on the bug situation you can leave the arcadia door screened and hear the ocean just off your deck. Excellent staff. Fast boat for the north side dives - we went out there at least 3x during the week.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom