Where to retire and dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#1trinity

Reaction score
Hi All,
We are new here and looking for some input. We are plannign on retiring in a few years and want to locate in Florida. I am a Divemaster and wife is Open Water. We are looking at the west coast of Florida? Are there good dive areas there?? Can you name a few?
Looking forward to recieving your help!

Hello #1Trinity,

you may want to start with this link: A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums.
It will give you lots of info regarding ScubaBoard.

Please fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) using the User CP when you've got the time so we can get to know you a little bit better. If you want to, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration. :wink:

Since you're a DM, you may want to join our private Instructor2Instructor forum.
Click on the link for more info.

For local info and/or future buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Florida Conch Divers.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

#1trinity:
We are plannign on retiring in a few years and want to locate in Florida. I am a Divemaster and wife is Open Water. We are looking at the west coast of Florida? Are there good dive areas there?? Can you name a few?
Picking a new location to settle involves a lot more than just the quality of diving. My recommendation is spend at least 6 weeks in whatever place you tentatively choose before making any sort of permanent move. Vacationing someplace and living there are two different things.

I really seriously looked at getting place in either Florida Keys or SE Florida, since most of our relatives are in eastern US, but I rejected it after taking my wife tp Florida 6 times in 3 years. Each time the weather was either too cold, too hot, too humid, or we were dodging a hurricane.

Not that she's biased or anything, but the phrase "We could of gone to Maui" was a pretty frequent lament. Nowdays my dive trips to Florida are solo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom