where to learn to dive dec/jan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simplys

New
Reaction score
I'm looking into doing the open water diver cert. while on vacation in Asia - any suggestions on where a good place to go would be?

will be flying into Singapore and from there pretty flexible but unsure where a good place would be to learn and weather will be nice in late december or early january.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You should do the PADI Open Water Course as early as you can in your trip then you can do fun dives at rest of your destinations.

Have a great trip :D

You might also look at doing the classroom & pool portion of your course locally before you leave & then get a referral to do your check- out dives with an instructor, at your destination. That way you can get the most out of your vacation & get in some extra diving, if you want to, instead of having to take a couple to several days to do the classroom/ pool portion, thus tying up that portion of your vacation. Just a suggestion.

Okinawa has some good diving in Jan-Feb its our low season so not crowded the water temp is in the mid- low 20's C and its whale season. I would suggest completing at least the academics on line before arrival to get to you set to go. If you are interested in us setting you up with a course and accommodation drop me a PM.

I'm looking into doing the open water diver cert. while on vacation in Asia - any suggestions on where a good place to go would be?

will be flying into Singapore and from there pretty flexible but unsure where a good place would be to learn and weather will be nice in late december or early january.

Thanks.

Why not in the Philippines Last Frontier Palawan, Busuanga Island, air temperature at 30C, water temperature 28C, great coral and wreck dives and the islands of the Gutob Bay?

yes, i am starting the online portion now. I was hoping to go to Bali as well but from what I'm reading it's not a good time of year there ... but maybe another part of Indonesia.

thank you all for your comments/suggestions, lots more to read up on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom