Where to go - Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning a trip to Sipadan mid august. What resort is better to go to? Smart divers or borneo divers? Any suggestions?

I have tried to contact smart divers by email but no response so far; can anyone tell me whether I am still in time to do my booking or should I plan more in advance?

Also; I still have 1 option to go in July; but this is quite pushing my budget. Does it matter a lot for diving if going in July or August?

Thanks for all your great tips....

SMART used to be a lot better a place than Borneo Divers Mabul resort but the latter has improved a lot of the last year or so with the swimming pool and chill out areas now provided.

Anyway all you need to know to compare the various resorts can be done through the Sipadan link below.

One thing is for sure the diving will NOT let you down!! However there is a danger in not booking in advance. The Sipadan permit system means that late bookings may not be guaranteed to dive in Sipadan itself only around Mabul and Kapalai which although good, is not the reason you are going there.

Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom