Where to go pro - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Flashman,
your original post was very well written and clear on what you are looking for. So, all you need to do is follow through with your expectation and go find it. Since you will be in Koh Tao, and also visiting Phuket for a liveaboard trip, why not take a day out and go meet the Course Directors, and visit a few the training facilities?
Just like trainers in any other field, not every instructor trainers are the same. All of the Course Directors have to go through the same training path, and teach by the same standards. However, you may find that one will have the training style that fit your needs more than others. Face to face meetings will give you the opportunity to make a well informed decision of which IDC program can get you to your goal. Because at the end of the day, a good Course Director will most likely make time for you after your course, both as a mentor & colleague. Because, real success in the instructor development course should be measured base on how long and how far you will go after the dive training, not just passing an exam.
Just my 2 bahts to help...

What an evenhanded response from one of Phuket's top Course Directors! Bravo!
(And no, Thien was not my CD.)

I love Koh Tao. I dive both the andaman and the gulf and the similans are by far the best but the Island of Koh Tao is the essence of Thai land. Laid back living at its best. We're all searching for different things in life, no need to bash to raise yourself up.

the Island of Koh Tao is the essence of Thai land.
Agree with you it is nice and relaxed. But Koh Tao has really nothing to do with Thailand, it just happened to be located in the country.

Agree with you it is nice and relaxed. But Koh Tao has really nothing to do with Thailand, it just happened to be located in the country.

German does seem to be the predominant language and in Siree and Mae Haad the backpackers have taken over but the rest of the Island, "Mai pen rai"

Did you meant to say the essence of diving in Thai land????
Statistically Can you tell me what % Percentage of tourist that coming to thailand, pay a visit to Koh Tao?

KohTao not even close to 1%, while a place like phuket recieves nearly 33%. I should say long-term stay in kohTao suited me if i had serious issues with todays advancement of modern life

Not talking percentages, the quality of the diving or the number of visitors. Merely talking about the ease of the Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom