where to go now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you been to Cocos Island? Lots of the same pelagic travelers.

nereas:
I do not believe that conditions ashore are too safe in Indonesia, although the diving there would be great, yes, I agree. I just would not go there right now. Same is true of the Philippines as well.

:shakehead

Phoooey!!
Not true. I just got back from a month in Indonesia and it was just fine. It is not filled with Muslim terrorists just looking for American skins. If you read alarming news about Indonesia, be prepared to read about New York City too....

Allison is correct. I've made dozens of trips to Indonesia and have never felt even slightly unsafe. Well, maybe in Club Tanamoor in Jakarta...that place was a firetrap. But I've never felt threatened, despite travel warnings from the state department.(http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1765.html) Just use a little common sense while traveling.

New York City is safe as well.:wink:

mjh:
If Galapagos was on the list you might want to consider Cocos Island, others...
I like the Cocos idea. I was there in June and it was an amazing trip.
cocos_hammerhead15.jpg

Great photo Vladimir....
Didi you dive at Malpelo too. Is Malpelo on the same itineries normally ?

nereas:
whereas your definitions meet my definitions of denial-ist.
I'm not the one denying myself some of the best diving in the world. But horses for courses......

Thanks Bubble. No, I didn't dive Malpelo. I was on a ten day charter aboard Undersea Hunter, which does do Malpelo on their two week long itineraries. I can highly recommend this boat and crew. We saw whalesharks, marlin, Galapagos, blacktip, and silky sharks, endless whitetips, hammerheads on almost every dive, dolphins, and a bait ball that attracted every predator for miles. The divemasters readily conceded that we had unusually good diving. It far exceeded my expectations.

vladimir:
Thanks Bubble. No, I didn't dive Malpelo. I was on a ten day charter aboard Undersea Hunter, which does do Malpelo on their two week long itineraries. I can highly recommend this boat and crew. We saw whalesharks, marlin, Galapagos, blacktip, and silky sharks, endless whitetips, hammerheads on almost every dive, and a bait ball that attracted every predator for miles. The divemasters readily conceded that we had unusually good diving. It far exceeded my expectations.
Wow, sounds amazing !! Another one for the list !! :D

Back
Top Bottom