Where to go in November ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would you have any recommandation for diving in November ?
I like all kind of dives - not especially big stuff and not especially tiny stuff - but rather with beautiful corals and a lot of fish... and I have a preference for wall dives.
When I go on a diving holidays, it does not really matter if there is nothing else to do !
And of course, I hate choppy waters, so the weather would have to be calm !

Thanks a lot !

November is hurricane season so you will be hit or miss in the Carib!

If you are a single female I would suggest a liveaboard. Instant buddies and relatively speaking a safer environment.

Part of where people would recommend depends on your budget. Are you looking for something fairly close, or is the whole world a possibility? Also, what's your experience level and how long are you planning on vacationing for?

I'd second DeputyDan's recommendation of a liveaboard. If you don't mind not having anything else to do, they're great. You'll typically get 5 dives a day, meet great people, and see the best of whatever country you're diving in (liveaboards will get you to sites land-based operations don't typically reach).

With that said, I did a Nekton cruise in Belize last January and had a blast. I'm not sure how much the weather changes in those few months between November and January, but you can call and they can answer any question you can think of. Check out their website, Nektoncruises.com

You can dive Bon Aire year round without worry of hurricanes. Has many of the features you desire. Shore diving mostly but that is what makes it so attractive.

Do you have an area in mind ? So far everyone has been recommending the Caribbean. I think you'll get better diving in Indonesia. It looks like you live in France. If so, all the more reason to head in the other direction towards Indo-Pacific areas.

Would you have any recommandation for diving in November ?
I like all kind of dives - not especially big stuff and not especially tiny stuff - but rather with beautiful corals and a lot of fish... and I have a preference for wall dives.
When I go on a diving holidays, it does not really matter if there is nothing else to do !
And of course, I hate choppy waters, so the weather would have to be calm !

Thanks a lot !
I would recommend to you that you check out Bonaire. It is a very European island if that would make you feel more comfortable. The diving is mostly walls, boat and shore diving, lots and lots of gorgeous coral and fish, a few wrecks, just a great mix of great diving. Check out Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information

The other option is the liveaboard like the others mentioned. Check out the Nekton: Nekton Diving Cruises - Comfort, Stability, Worldclass Diving
I have heard that Nov-Dec is more rainy season but diving still excellent for Belize. They have a new Itinerary also starting in Nov so you might like that one - it is eastern Puerto Rico-Virgin Islands.

robint

I would agree with Bonaire if she had dive buddies going along.

Its hit or miss going by yourself. I have been twice and love the place but if she is traveling single it is more hit/miss on how good the trip will be.

Thanks to all.
I was thinking of 2 or 3 weeks holidays, and about anywhere (warm...) in the world. I am relatively new to diving (started in 2004) and so far I went diving in Egypt, Thailand, Turkey and the Philippines (where I will go back). So far I have always travelled alone and been lucky with diving buddies, except in Turkey where nobody spoke well English in the diving center. It was OK under the water :wink: but it made me feel a bit isolated the rest of the time :shakehead:
Many of you are suggesting Bonaire and I have checked a bit on this site and it DOES look interesting ! Especially since I have never been in the Carrribean.
But I also agree with the ones who advise the liveaboard option, I have done this in Thailand and really enjoyed it : being on or under the sea all the time, no transfer between hotel and dive sites, and nothing to do between dives but sleep and eat :).
Thanks again

The Greek Islands are perfect !

PERFECT !

In November. That is close to you in France as well.

Egypt is good too, but you have already been there. Elat Israel is similar, and beautiful too.

If you want to travel further, then Cairns Australia is also perfect in November. For that, I would recommend a live-aboard, yes, to the Coral Sea.

Tahiti is a great scuba destination in November as well. And it is largely French.

I would not bother with North America anytime during November. At least not the warm water sites. It is the middle of the hurricane season there then.

Jacques Cousteau said he loved the California kelp forests, so if you want to try cold water scuba, then it would be a place to consider for November. The climate is about the same as Greece or Egypt then, only the water is really cold by comparison. And you said "warm." These waters are definitely not warm. Although Santa Catalina Island is quite beautiful then.

Another feasible North American destination for November would be Hawaii. It costs about half that of Tahiti to vacation there.

Kona Hawaii, Bora Bora or Palau. Warm and beautiful.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom