Where to go? Dive and......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just a girl

Reaction score
Where to go this summer? I'm looking for a great place to dive, where we also can (learn to) surf (not windsurfing, just with a board). Does anyone know an (exotic) place to do both??

Thanks!

Just a girl

If you want really nice waves for surfing, you can do both activities in Hawaii, Australia and South Africa. California, too, if you consider that to be exotic.

Check out Costa Rica. I stayed at the El Ocotal, on the Pacific coast, a few years ago and thought it was OK. The diving vis wasn't great but we saw lots of mantas. We drove about an hour south and found some beautiful beaches that were packed with surfers.

Jason

I also have to recommend Costa Rica. I went there 2 years ago in September, and not being one of the best seasons to dive, you can do both diving and surfing (or Kayak surfing). I went to the Atlantic coast because it's less juristic and has a lot of Jamaican influence.

I will find great people from all over the world.

I must recommend AQUAMOR TALAMANCA ADVENTURES in Manzanillo near Puerto Viejo, ask for Shawn.
http://greencoast.com/aquamor2.htm

I had a great time diving, and also trying to Kayak Surf.

:D

Vancouver Island!!

Gread Diving in Nanaimo, then do the 3hr drive across the Island (worth every minute!) and Surf Tofino!

Just did that last week. Best Vacation of my life, by far. had a blast! (this coming from someone who has been to over 40 countries...)

Willer

You'll find lot's of information on the boards for the diving part of Bonaire.....simply said, it's fantastic.

However, on the windward side (east) of the island is what looks to me to be pretty darn great surfing and sailboard activities. There is even a surfing club, with clubhouse and food, located on one large bay area.

Not being a surfer, I can only comment on what I've seen. However, one divemaster we got to know chased our dive boat in the wake going to Klien Bonaire on a sailboard while on his day off at about 15 knots!

Amphibious once bubbled...
Vancouver Island!!

Gread Diving in Nanaimo, then do the 3hr drive across the Island (worth every minute!) and Surf Tofino!

Just did that last week. Best Vacation of my life, by far. had a blast! (this coming from someone who has been to over 40 countries...)

Willer

This may sound weird to some people but on Vancouver Island this time of year you can Surf, Dive and Snowboard all within a few hours drive (and all activities are 1st rate locations). It's not real warm this time of year (in the 40's), but where else do you have that combination?

Jimi

they had nice lil' 9 - 14 footers when we wer ein Tofino last month, 10C in the air, GREAT beer!

Willer

Back
Top Bottom