Where to get corrugated hose for BCD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could use the old exhaust fitting with a longer non-pull dump type hose. Why don't you like the 12 " hose? They are so much easier to vent.

I don't like it because it's too short. It's just over on my shoulder, makes it harder to manually inflate. I wear 7MM full + 7MM shortie when diving, my shoulder isn't as flexible. That's why I want a longer one.

divnamite:
Sky: I did see that, but I couldn't find any dealers that carry it locally.

Crlavoie: I tho most of the corrugated hoses are the same. Yes, exhaust fittings on Torus wings have those weird teeth like fittings. I don't think I need to change that. Can't I not just remove the old hose and put in the new one and keep the existing exhaust fitting the same? Isn't it just zip fit and maybe some lube?

Hopefully, yes. In my case, the hose I got (Apeks) had a cable similar to those used for a pull dump but is actually to prevent over extension of the hose. It attaches with a pin inside the exhaust elbow. To make matters worse, the flanges on the new elbow were different from the DSS. I ended up drilling out the DSS elbow to accept the pin and it's been great.

I believe Dive Rite Express has different diameters or at least it lists them so you will know in advance.

Good Luck

Just so happens I use a Torus wing too. There is no pull dump, so there is no cable. Its nice and simple. If you want to cahnge to a longer hose you will also want a longer LP inflator hose as the one DSS gave you with the short corrogated hose will be too short. I bought a couple hoses when trying to find one that worked for me. I'll PM you with the size of the one I did not use. By the way, installation is a snap. Just put the hose over the fitting and carefully zip tie it into place.

My thoughts...

I picked up a DSS single wing and initially wanted a longer corrogated hose as well. I "can" inflate it by mouth but I have to twist my neck around a decent bit and another inch would be sweet and would still let it sit on my shoulder.

(I should note that when discussed I have already looked into the plate being too low, I do not believe thats the case)

That said, the low pressure inflator hose supplied is quite a bit longer, lengthening an inch or 2 doesnt look like it would impact that connection since they are not the same length.

If anyone knows what size hose I need for the fittings I wouldnt mind replacing it with a slightly longer one.

On a side note I also recently picked up one of Tobin's longer plates, man that thing is sweet.

Josh

Interesting......I just purchased a DSS today and am wanting to put a longer corrugated hose on. It concerns me a little to just zip tie the hose in place. I can only imagine being 100 ft down and inside a wreck when the zip tie comes loose and my hose falls out.........I would probably **** myself before i new it. Anyway how safe do you think this zip tieing is?

DR express has diferent hose legth available and shipping is super fast.

The ziptie is very secure if you use a heavy one, use coomon sense here, use 2 per conection, but lock them in oposite sides to achieve a better seal.

AA81982.jpg

It's a 14" - from Trident

sorry if this is a little off topic but aside from all the "another failure point" and "simple = better" arguments, whats the disadvantages of having a pull dump on a bc?

the idea of retrofitting a pull dump inflator on either a torus or mach v sounds seems pretty appealing to me! when raising the hose to dump air, water will get in, but not so with a pull dump right? and you dont have to trim yourself butt-up to dump but can do so with your feet lower than the rest of your body.

excuse my ignorance:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom