Where To Get Certified In Marathon Key, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to this forum, and to diving, so please excuse me if I ask the wrong questions... I'm about to take the PADI eCourse and planning to get Certified on Marathon Key in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend a good Dive Shop there?

I dove with Tilden's Scuba Center a few years back and really enjoyed them. There were a few people on the same boat who were finishing up their OW dives and seemed to be having a really great time with the two instructors who were with them.

I dove with Tilden's Scuba Center a few years back and really enjoyed them. There were a few people on the same boat who were finishing up their OW dives and seemed to be having a really great time with the two instructors who were with them.

+1 We were in Marathon 2 weeks ago and stopped in at Tildon's looking for a quality nitrox fill location close to Cudjoe Key. Immaculate shop, well stocked, knowledgeable staff and a really really nice fill station. If I were to do any training in the lower keys, I would not hesitate to use Tildon's.

Tilden's is a good choice for you in Marathon! Sounds like you have your answer!

If you wish for a second option, Hall's is another good operator.

Have fun and enjoy your certification! First of many for you I hope!

I can highly recommend Abyss Dive Center, also in Marathon.

I've both dived and taken classes with them and I have enjoyed both. The staff (from owner to captain) tend to be long-term employees (or the owner), and are very friendly and helpful.

Not that the boat is the most important thing but I find that having a good one adds to the comfort level. Theirs takes six divers maximum (although they have taken me out plenty of times with just two), and has a covered, dry, comfortable seating area (separate from the tank/benches). There is also a private area near the head for people who would like to change there.

One thing I like is that you set up your first tank of the day on the dock, so you have plenty of time and space to get everything just "so" (which is especially nice if you haven't been diving in a while or are new).

Feel free to PM me if you want to get into more detail.

Blue Sparkle

Hi this is Ric from AquaticOpsDiving located in Homestead, gateway to the Florida Keys. We are based in Biscayne National Park and certify junior open water to Instructor. Our watercraft are CG certified and typically we limit groups to 6 or less to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. AquaticOps is dignified as being the primary trainer for public safety personnel in South Florida. Please email me at AquaticOpsDiving@gmail.com or call 954-937-5387. We are more than happy to assist and look forward to hearing from you.

Ric Moss Aquatic Ops Logo.jpg

Here is a thread - Guide to the FL Keys which lists all the Keys dive ops and contact info. It is organized geographically. I recommend talking to the folks at each shop you are considering to get a feel how they operate and if that will mesh with your expectations. If possible, try to chat with the instructor directly to find out if their teaching style matches your learning style. Upfront communications is one of the elements that helps a class or dive trip run smoothly.

Good luck with your class...you'll get hooked!

Southern Most Diving has Nitrox a new Dive Shop at m.m 24.5 in Summerland Key 305-974-DIVE (3483)or 305-771-dive ask for Chad at this number

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom