Where to find specific underwater photographs of Frogfishes (Anglerfishes)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfishgrl

Registered
Reaction score
It used to be that there were a lot of active forums with people posting their photographs and I was able to connect with photographers about their pictures of frogfishes/anglerfishes. Now, it seems a lot of people have moved to Facebook to share their photographs, which is fine, but requests for photographs are not allowed by the moderators---this is frustrating because my co-author and I are working on a new edition of Frogfishes of the World and I know many of the people in the dive community might be interested in contributing to this updated book! I've been out of the diving loop for awhile and am wondering where else I might go to make this request and connect with underwater photographers? Especially for poorly represented species, primarily found in Australia. Thanks in advance :)

I am not exactly an underwater photographer, but i came close to these two quite large frogfishes at Padang Bai, Bali in October 2015. One black and white, one white and gold.

I don’t know if it will be of any use to you, but they are quite cute. I also have a video-clip of them.

View media item 202477

Thanks stgcph - unfortunately it's saying I don't have permissions to view your media though! MaxBottomtime -- those are some great photos, we'll be contacting Kevin!

Cheers,
Rachel

Sorry about the permission setting. I am new to this forum so i didn’t get that right. Hope it works now.

The picture is not good quality, but I thought that maybe you could use the information about time and place of the observation.

Anyway, good luck with the book.

View media item 202477

I have a number of images of Frogfish from Lembeh Strait and a few other destinations, what type of licensing are you looking for?

12530689115_892d161694_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom