Where to find helium/trimix in Pattaya??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie:
Anyway, as a result of this thread and a similar one on TDS, I've had two serious offers of help from two very kind fellow divers in Pattaya. Nothing definite yet, but hopefully we can proceed with the class in Febraury.

Well, just to update - the Feb. class did not go ahead. We did receive some help and after an initial discussion at TDEX, Mermaid's have now agreed to supply us with helium fills. Took a while to sort it all out but I'm glad we now have a TriOx/Trimix source in Pattaya.

smartecosse:
for future ref afaik if it is a PADI shop the standards stipulate that they MUST have equip for rent inc tanks to certified divers.........

This is not a PADI Standard. It is up to the discretion of the DC owner whether he/she wants to rent out their equipment or tanks. I know of some DC's here who do not even have equipment rental nevermind a compressor or tanks!

Ringo:
This is not a PADI Standard. It is up to the discretion of the DC owner whether he/she wants to rent out their equipment or tanks. I know of some DC's here who do not even have equipment rental nevermind a compressor or tanks!

In Pattaya (but same experience in Koh Lipe) most shops don't want to rent tanks as they mean that customer should book their day trip instead. As well there are so many strange people arround that it is understandable that DC worry that accidents happen.
Anyway PADI Standard or not you can't force a shop. If PADI tells they must rent than the shops just tell OK, it is 1500 Baht per tank.....

I tried 2 years ago to walk in most shops in Pattaya and just asked if they give tank for rent and nearly all told simply NO, not even ask what I am certified or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom