Where to find gas blender certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tplyons

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've begun helping out at the local shop that I am working on my Divemaster certification through.

I've been doing air fills for a bit but cannot do Nitrox fills as I'm not a certified gas blender.

PADI offers Gas Blender certifications through the Tec Rec program, but can I find the certification elsewhere?

Does anyone know a shop that offers gas blender certifications in Northern NJ? My local shop does not have a Gas Blender instructor.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've begun helping out at the local shop that I am working on my Divemaster certification through.

I've been doing air fills for a bit but cannot do Nitrox fills as I'm not a certified gas blender.

PADI offers Gas Blender certifications through the Tec Rec program, but can I find the certification elsewhere?

Does anyone know a shop that offers gas blender certifications in Northern NJ? My local shop does not have a Gas Blender instructor.

Thanks!

I did all my blending certs through TDI. Just go to the TDI website and find a local instructor

Dosil's in Middletown does PADI DSAT Gas blender. Tony is the instructor. They're a little ways down route 36 off exit 117 on the GSP. They have very flexible hours if you work the regular 9-5 grind. www.dosils.com

Dosil's in Middletown does PADI DSAT Gas blender. Tony is the instructor. They're a little ways down route 36 off exit 117 on the GSP. They have very flexible hours if you work the regular 9-5 grind. www.dosils.com
Thanks, I didn't even know those guys were down there! Right down the street from my college roommate so that could be two birds with one stone!

And they do FFM Distinctive Specialties as well... this could be good!

i got mine from nauii it is either a gass blender or an o2tech/gas blender. when you finish you will be able to mix trimix.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Try Blue Water Divers in Rochelle Park.
So all 8 of the current DM Candidates were interested in the class (two of us are looking into tech diving in the future, and the rest just want to be able to blend their own Nitrox) so we were able to get a guest instructor in... ironically, from Blue Water Divers.

Thanks for the heads up!

I just ran through the book (class is in two weeks) and it's fascinating! Can't wait to get into the nitty gritty of blending!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom