Where to find big fish in Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Philippines in March, and I am finding some place, where can I see many kinds of fish, especially big fish as manta rays and sharks (during snorkeling or diving). My first destination is Donsol for whale sharks, but what else? Originally I was considering about Bohol, but I have heard that big fish are declining there and that it is hard to see them. I am considering about Apo reef (in the west of Mindoro), but i have heard that diving there is for advanced divers. Another possible place - Puerto Galera - seems not too attractive for my wife (lack of beaches and too many tourists). What could you recommend me?

Bohol, or more specifically, there's are nice schools of barracudas.

Tubbataha? but involves a liveaboard...

Puerto Galera... not really big fish... maybe you'll see a small white tip sleeping in shark cave or a large grouper in canyons.

clgsamson:
canyons, puerto galera...them trevallies are really big.

I remember the big travallies, but I thought I remember seeing some pretty big groupers down there when were floating thru there for a adv. nitrox course.

Malapascua,
Last time I saw Threshershark (aka Fox Shark) Hammerheads x12 and Mantas and devil rays.
Would recommend it any day...
I was there in the end of march

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom