Where To Do Referral In Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tucker_2004

Registered
Reaction score
There are so many dive shops in Cancun. I have a referral to do my 4 open water dives in cancun so I can finish my certification and I have no idea where to go. Any ideas? Big names that keep coming up online are Manta Divers Auquaworld and Scuba Cancun.

Scott

Manta Divers have a good rep that we have heard. You can also consider the dive shops down here , Puerto Morelos is only half an hour on the bus- our beautiful reef is part of the National Maritime Park and there's a lot less traffic, the shops are all small and friendly and it is very peaceful. You would often have a boat to yourself for your final dives and good PADI instructors. Try a search and see what you think.
Remember to breathe...

I would go with Manta Divers. Spent a week diving with them last fall. John and Mimi are great to deal with.Stay away from Aquaworld they are a cattle boat operation. Good Luck.

I have dived with Scuba Cancun and they're ok.
I'd try Solo Buceo - when I was in Cancun I tried looking for them but couldn't find them - then again I was on a strict non-diving holiday according to my Mrs so I had to be a little discrete!

Avoid Aquaworld as mentioned above.

I just got back from Cancun. I dove with ScubaCancun and found them professioanl. Watch them with two different classes--their instructors seemed good.

Greg

I am going to be in Cancun Feb 8 -11 and am interested in your dive shop.
Can you give me more information? I will be staying at the Costa Real.
THANKS

Happy to give you more info, you may like to visit the site at www.divepuertomorelos.com. There are only a few dive shops here and we strive to be safe, professional, friendly and go out of our way to make visitors welcome to the town not just our business. We have small group tours to the reef, the wrecks and to the jungle. We can look after the snorkellers in your group while you are diving as well, hope to see you in PM (you'll find quite a lot of others from MN already beaten you here) ...Cat

I would strongly recommend doing the referral dives in Puerto Morelos. I just returned from diving in the area and dove with Dive Puerto Morelos dive shop. They are excellent. I met Cat and Jan and they are very nice, honest and provided one of the best dive experiences I have ever had. Jan was the Divemaster and is very safe, explains what to expect is very familiar with the reefs and the local cenotes. The reefs seem to be much healthier than Cancun. Very new equipment and boat. But mainly, the experience, comfort and personal service of the divemaster Jan is the main benefit!!!

Back
Top Bottom