where to do DM internship (2-3months)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glamourpuss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Where would you go in SE. Asia?

If you had 2-4months (june to september) to spend getting your divemaster certificate and working in a dive shop? where would you choose to do it?

i'm leaning heavily towards veitnam... with rainbow divers. they've been very friendly and very helpful, and from what i can tell have a very good reputaion.

i have also talked to http://www.phangandivers.com/ and i'm looking into Budda View however i don't know too much about either of them.

i want to live and work for a few months while doing the course and i'm really just looking for any kind of advice or suggestions! i'm not set on either of these and would consider other options... (ie. bali or philippines)

also does anyone have experience working while doing one of these courses? i'm looking for some way to help subsidise the cost. ideally by working for the dive company in their shop, but if thats not possible then by working as well. has anyone done this? advice?

thanks!

I would check the weather conditions for the time you have in mind. I believe that would be called "off season" - certainly is talking to the people in Thailand last month....

Any locals help out on that one?

Jonathan

Thailand is a great place to do your divemaster.
http://www.phangandivers.com/ is a great bunch of guys.
Budda view they are also good
also check with Chaloklum divers on the north side of Koh Phangan
I dove with Lotus diving ,on the north side of Koh phangan.
The diving was great ,the people were the BEST, oh and the food........

The cost of living was real low.The sunsets were unreal..

(june to september)real nice vis....but hot.....

If you want more info just ask.

Al

glamourpuss:
Where would you go in SE. Asia?

Thanks!

I would actually not go to Thailand (and didn't when I did mine) but rather go toIndonesia (which I did), if I could find a good instructor (which was indeed possible). The diving in Indonesia is astonishing and the only bad thing I have to say about it is that everywhere else I've been has been fine, great, okay but a little too worn a little too lacking in diversity. Besides Indonesia is not all that overrun by tourists either so there's less hype about everything - including education. It's more primitive and backpackerlike in places and to me that's an added bonus as long as I don't get the bends.

NOte: I'm growing really weary with the obligatory "just my 2 cents worth" - ending. One guy in a thread (surprise) said "my 2 psi" and I thought that was funny. So, since I'm on the metric system consider these my 2 bar (sounds strangely phallic somehow doesn't it).

Enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom