Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laxdiver67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody, I'm new to the Scuba Board but I have been reading this site for a while and I think you might be able to help me. I want to plan a 4 day dive trip over a long weekend sometime in January or February. Somewhere in the Caribbean would be nice but minimal travel time is important. Florida Keys maybe? Also shore diving would be nice. I stayed at the Sunset House last year it was great. Another dive resort like it would be awesome. I might be able to squeeze another day out of my buddy.

Thanks,

laxdiver

The first thing I would do if minimal travel time was a must would be to look at your home airport and see where direct flights are available. Some of my favorites like Dominica or Little Cayman require some decent travel time. The first thing that popped to my head was Cozumel, it's affordable and very easy to get to. A couple of the resorts have ok shore diving. If shore diving is your deal, I would check out Bonaire, but from where I am, it's a bit of pain to get to, but the freedom of shore diving anytime you want allows you to cram many dives into a few days if that's what you are looking for. You've already mentioned the Keys, but I don't know if they have shore diving or what the diving is like there, I've never been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom