Where to dive in thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately our flight into Phuket doesn't get in until 2:05 pm and there are no ferries later in the day, so it's either a $3,000 one way by helicopter (short) flight Ko Lanta or a 5 hour trip including a drive plus 2 ferries...this is what several hotels have advised. Can't seem to find any flights between 2 airports (Phuket and Krabi). Frustrating since we were really hoping to experience Hin Muang and Hin Daeng and the islands in that area look very beautiful; but we have only 3.5 days before leaving Phuket for Bangkok and then home. If we didn't want the long trip to the Similans are there other good dive sites in Khao Lak?

From what I've read Phuket sounds a bit noisy and busy for us--we're also looking for a spa resort for late afternoons after diving

Thanks very much for your response and other suggestions you might have.
Phuket has many quiet and relaxed resorts for your spas after diving.

Agree with you, considering your short timeframe Koh Lanta is not an option. From Khao Lak the only good divesites would be Similans etc., and that will be a long day for 2 dives. From Phuket though you'd be doing days just as long but with 3 dives, so in that respect not much of a difference. If I were you I'd look at sime of the Phuket options for 2 dives, you should be back in the hotel by around 17.00 hours or so.

Simple answer is South Thailand on the West (Andaman) Coast. By far the best diving Thailand has to offer. The Gulf of Thailand is simply not worth a dive specific trip, but if you are on Koh Tao or Koh Chang for other reasons there are a handfull of dive sites that are worth a look.
As others have said already koh Lanta is also a favourite of mine, just do some research and find a resort that suits your requirements. Not all of Phuket is busy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom