where to dive in December - Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please forgive my horrible ignorance of Singapore.

I will be in Raffles City, Singapore, in early December. Is diving recommended at that time of year? If I didn't want to travel or fly too far from that location, can I find good diving? Is it mostly shore diving, boat diving, or either? Do boats go out during the week, or weekends only? I will have between three and six days.

Thanks.

"Raffles City" is a single city block just outside my window. They do have diving in Singapore on the weekends where you can usually get two dives in each day and be back in your hotel by mid-afternoon but it may possibly not be what you are looking for. It's warm water but 1-4m viz and swimming from spot to spot looking for critters. It's closer to your local pond than Lembeh. A lot closer. Having said that, if you look at the Hantu Blog (Hantu Blog | Pulau Hantu | Singapore Marine Conservation Effort) and are still keen, I can direct you to operators that go to the Southern Islands.

From November to March when the South China Seas have a monsoon season and the islands off west Malaysia are closed, Singapore residents often fly to places like Bali, Phuket, Krabi, etc. to get our diving fix. You can do some dives those places and be out in 3-6 days.

I would recommend coming up to Phuket, 1.5hr flight and doing a couple of days here. We have boats going out 7 days a week to various dive locations, all offering good vis and great marine life. Let me know if you decide to head up this way and I can try and help you out.

A friend of mine went diving in Singapore aquarium and loved it, great vis and lots to see! Guaranteed!!

Enjoy the diving wherever you go.

I live in Singapore and that time of the year is not good with the monsoons. Best to fly and best ot go without a connection (Bali, Phuket or Cebu). I will doing CEBU and Phuket in December myself.

I live in Singapore and that time of the year is not good with the monsoons. Best to fly and best ot go without a connection (Bali, Phuket or Cebu). I will doing CEBU and Phuket in December myself.

Thanks for the info. What airline(s) would you recommend? Liveaboards?

Please offer any suggestions you have with respect to inexpensive, relatively close places (if this exists).

chopped liver. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom